What this mushroom?

What this mushroom?


… growing in one of my potted plants?




I don't know either , but I wouldn't eat it if I were you. Hey , What's going on near your deck? The birdbath is gone and no birds to take pictures of. :( take care, Karen

Robin Monroe

Most likely it is Lepiota lutea, they are common in potted plants…and they are extemely poisonous to you and your pets. Remove it from the pot, and wash your hands well.


If it is fluorescent yellow, it looks like one that "suddenly" appeared years ago at the base of my Ficus..freaky! I just cut it out, and my tree has continued to thrive. I am curious, though, if you ever found out what it is..
thanks, wendy


Hey Craig,
I'm an avid mushroom collector and academic – i cannot tell if the mushroom has pores or gills under the cap. If you post more or clearer pictures, I'll be able to give you a definite answer.
It does seem like a potted pant shroom, which can be dangerous.


Ack! That happened to me too! I came in to work on a Monday after a very hot, humid weekend, and there it was. The plant was on its last legs anyway, so I figured this was a good reason to put the poor thing out of its misery. Photo of it here: http://www.isamonkey.org/images/fungus.jpg

Comments are closed.