Okay, I look at social media/networking sites, particularly FaceBook and
LinkedIn. It's routine for people to contact all their "friends" and
connections to support the causes they believe in.
That seems pretty good, respectful and ethical to me, maybe done
infrequently, with a light hand.
Still, seems like a good idea to hear from people about this.
In my case, I'd be communicating with my networks, almost 100% of which
initiated the contact with me. I'd let people know what I was planning.
The kind of efforts I'd promote would include:
- Presdident Obama's call to service
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- teachers who need classroom projects funded via donorschoose.org
- microfinance via Kiva.org or LendforPeace.org
- transparency and accountability in government via
I need to hear from you about this, and please, disregard any trolling
either directly in response, or on sites desperate for traffic.
Please contact me via Twitter, which I'm on a lot for customer service as