Hey, another step to health care reform, proposed new legislaton from Senator Mark Warner, Enhancing health care choices for seniors
The Senior Navigation and Planning Act of 2009 will:
- enhance Medicare and Medicaid coverage of advanced illness care management services;
- require doctors to provide patients with information on living wills and other planning tools;
- give providers incentives to achieve accreditation and certification in hospice and palliative care;
- encourage more comprehensive discharge planning; and
- increase public awareness about the importance of end-of-life planning.