Hey, a big congratulations to all the Teams who participated in the Veterans Charity Challenge over on CrowdRise. As many of you know, I gave $50k to the challenge and the Rahr Foundation gave $50k. I don't see this as altruism, it just feels right.
A total of 95 Teams signed up. The Teams were from across the country, in 26 states and 77 cities. Teams participating raised a total of $348,393 throughout the duration of the Challenge, and with the Funder's donations, we raised a total of $448,393 for Veterans and Military families. Almost half a million dollars. Folks, I can't thank you enough for all the good work you're doing.
- The grand prize winner of $35k is Warrior Canine Connection, which raised $97,624.
- 2nd place winner of $25k is Leave No Veteran Behind, which raised $93,703.
- 3rd place winner of $15k is Honoring the Path of the Warrior, which raised $43,862.
It was really close in the end, and an exciting finish. I was able to call and chat with (or leave messages for) each of the big winners, and really thank them for all they're doing for our service members and their families. I figure if someone's willing to risk their life for me, this is the least I can do to give back…
And throughout the Challenge, there were 5 Bonus Challenges, and we had 13 teams win.
- Bonus Challenge #1, raise the most money in the allotted time period: Leave No Veteran Behind won $5k.
- Bonus Challenge #2, any team to raise $500 with 10 unique donors was entered to win : Swords to Plowshares won $5k and an interview with me.
- Bonus Challenge #3, get at least 10 unique donors: Soldiers’ Angels won $5k
- Bonus Challenge #5, the 1st 10 teams to raise $400: Warrior Canine Connection, National Veterans Legal Services Program, No Greater Sacrifice, Starfish Foundation, Returning Veterans Project, Full Circle Home of Rochester, Honoring the Path, Veterans Alliance of SoCal, Swords to Plowshares, and Salute the Troops each won $500.
I'll be interviewing Swords to Plowshares and Full Circle Home in the coming weeks…more to come…
Did you participate in the #VetsChallenge? I'd like to hear your feedback. And again, congrats to all those orgs who really have their boots on the ground making a difference for our Vets and milfams.