Help Give Away $200K for the Holidays
Posted on November 12th, 2013 by craigconnects
Hey, I've teamed up with CrowdRise and the Huffington Post to host a Holiday Challenge over on CrowdRise to help nonprofits raise a lot of money this season. As they say – here's how it's going down.
The Holiday Challenge will work similar to the #VetsChallenge that I sponsored over the summer, but this time, any charity is able to sign up. Over $200,000 will be given to nonprofits throughout the challenge. Last year over $1,000,000.00 was raised for charities. You can sign up here.
Update: Joining me in raising money for charities this holiday season are several actors/actresses and comedians (hey, maybe I can give them some career advice), such as Edward Norton (Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust), Sean Penn (J/P Haitian Relief Organization), Ian Somerhalder (Ian Somerhalder Foundation), Sophia Bush (The Nature Conservancy), Jason Bateman (City Year), Kristen Bell (Epath.org), Olivia Wilde (Artists for Peace and Justice), Christy Turlington (Every Mother Counts), Eliza Dushku (THRIVEGulu), Brittany Snow (Love Is Louder), Will Ferrell (Cancer for College), Seth Rogen (Hilarity for Charity), and Conan O’Brien (Children’s Hospital Los Angeles).
(Speaking of Conan, his recent TV bit cited my LinkedIn following, and this is my attempt to help him out…folks, even a pity follow will do…follow Conan?)
A few important details:
- The Holiday Challenge runs through January 9th at 11:59:59am EST (folks, these last seconds could be important, as last time we had a photo finish).
- There are 3 grand prizes -
- 1st place wins $100,000
- 2nd place wins $40,000
- 3rd place wins $20,000
- Another $40,000 will be given away in cash and prizes through Bonus Challenges weekly.
- The Huffington Post's also giving away lots of other prizes designed to get some great exposure for your cause (like RTs from HuffPo and #FollowFridays from Ariana Huffington, etc.).
- This is a win-win for all orgs that participate – Even if you don't win a grand prize, you get to keep all the money that your Team raises.
- Check out the charity toolkit here.
There are more than 400 teams signed up so far, and each one has a chance at winning some money for their cause. You can click here to sign up and create your fundraising page. It takes less than 21 seconds to set up your page. And, they've created a Challenge Toolkit that gives you a Calendar of all of the challenges, plus tips and strategies to raise more money, template emails to send out to your supporters, and lots of really good ideas.
This will really help your charity, and I'm ready to help good orgs who really have their boots on the ground. Are you ready to begin your year-end fundraising with me?