Folks, I do some work to support orgs helping out service members, veterans, and their families. I figure it's the least I can do to give back. We recently wrapped up our 4th annual Veterans Charity Challenge.
If you missed it, big congrats to the Grand Prize Winners:
- 1st Place: Hero Dogs Inc with $101,852 raised.
- 2nd Place: Warrior Canine Connection with $91,276 raised.
- 3rd Place: Dogs on Deployment with $17,234 raised.
- 4th Place: The National Military Family Association with $15,809 raised.
- 5th Place: Veteran Tickets Foundation with $15,245 raised.
It was pretty successful, and the folks over at CrowdRise recently sent us some impressive stats from the Challenge:
- 41% of active charities won at least one prize.
- Warrior Canine Connection came in 2nd place with over 800 donations, more than double the donation number of any other organization.
- On the last day of the Challenge, over $68K was raised on 221 individual donations.
- Total Number of Unique Donors: 1,474 from 50 US States
- 89% of Online Donations were less than $100
- Average Raised per participating charity: $8,791
I know that lots of folks give to orgs supporting vets and milfams around Independence Day and Veterans Day, but I think it's critical that we're giving back year-round. What have you been doing to support our troops?