We’re getting to that time of the year when people start thinking about new year’s resolutions and plans for the future. I’m making plans for the next steps for craigconnects and how I want to connect people for good in 2012. How do you aspire to change the world in 2012? Folks in the community have all kinds of great ideas to change the world that they are putting into gear in the new year and we can learn from everyone’s thinking.
If this works, I’ll make it a regular Social Good Blog Series with a new topic each time to showcase nonprofit leaders and the best of the submitted content. The new series will also recognize contributors’ own websites and blogs.
Here’s the deal
- Write a blog post explaining how you will change the World in 2012
- Your submissions should be about 500 words
- Send me a link to your post by email to email@example.com.
- You can submit until Tuesday December 20.
- Tag your post Social Good for 2012 and feel free to link to this post to encourage other people in the community to share their own thoughts.
- You can also join the conversation on Facebook.
We’ll sort through submissions and share the best ideas in a Social Good for 2012 list. We’ll also cross-post a few of our favorites as a guest blog posts on the craigconnects site.
I wanted to do my small part in changing the world in 2011. I began craigconnects this past year to use technology to give the voiceless a real voice and the powerless real power. My goal in changing the world in this small way is to leverage the power of the Internet and social media to identify, connect and empower effective and sustainable nonprofits. What are your goals for changing the world in 2012?
I’m looking forward to hearing what your plans are for the upcoming year!