Hey, #GivingTuesday is the real deal, and I’m happy to be able to participate in it. #GivingTuesday’s a global event that inspires people to give to causes they’re most passionate about.
My gut tells me this is really good, #GivingTuesday has gotten what sounds like real traction, with 10k partners in all 50 states and beyond (according to Henry Timms, the guy who’s made the whole event happen, from 92nd street Y in NYC). #GivingTuesday is the story of thousands of organizations coming together around philanthropy, volunteerism, advocacy, and education.
This year, I’ll be giving to IAVA, Casa de las Madres, a local women’s shelter, and Poynter. I’m also giving $70k to the CrowdRise #HolidayChallenge that lots of nonprofits are participating in.
Here are 5 ways that you can participate in #GivingTuesday:
- Give to your favorite team over on CrowdRise’s #HolidayChallenge.
- Post an “unselfie” – to do this, you’ll need to post a photo of yourself with a piece of paper in front of you face that says how you’ll be giving back on #GivingTuesday. You can share this across social networks using the hashtags, #Unselfie and #GivingTuesday.
- Check out Great Nonprofits’ #GivingTuesday guide. There are great tips and tricks for raising and giving money for your cause.
- Remind others the importance of giving, especially after days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Even if you can’t give money, remember that you can give your time and your passion. #GivingTuesday is all about coming together for what we believe in.
What’s your story, and how will you give today?
You must be logged in to post a comment.