Okay, so my “home office” extends to the deck, and I have a bunch of feathered and furry friends who stop by. The wife and I have created the #Crileen Birdography Spectaular (that’s Craig and Eileen…) to document the visitors. We’ve identified 48 species as of September 2013.
As a nutty connoisseur, here are my suggestions to attract birds and squirrels to your yard:
1. Provide clean-ish open water.
2. Use a “squirrel-resistant suet palace.”
This squirrel defeated Squirrel-Proof Suet Palace. I’m okay with this, he can only eat so much at a time.
3. Feed squirrels to attract hawks. (see #2, note “resistant”, they see it as a challenge)
4. Have glamorous new wife fill the feeders and water. Then have her do so for the birds. They appreciate it.
5. Go outside and act like a nut. (Mission accomplished)