Folks, I’m often asked about my interests and priorities. I decided to share 5 of my favorite things in my personal life. Many of you may not be surprised to hear some of these…
- Birds – the Mrs. and I created a Birdography Spectacular dedicated to all of the birds and their friends who visit my home office.
- Babies – both bird babies and human babies.
- Dogs – I carry dog treats whenever I’m out, just in case I run into a furry friend (or four) who needs a pick-me-up.
- TV – the Game of Thrones guy, George R. R. Martin’s a really good writer who can get to the point really well, and an opponent of attacks on voting rights, on top of it. That’s the real deal. Other TV shows I enjoy include, Mr Selfridge, the Simpson, Justified, the Daily Show, the Colbert Report, Silicon Valley, Girls, and the Americans…
- Books – I read a lot of books, maybe 8 per month. I currently use the Kindle app, but it’s growing problematic. (I’ve read around 700 books, mostly science fiction. Note: 1. I’m a nerd, and 2. it’s how we roll.) Books I’m reading, among right now or recently include:
- An Autumn War, Daniel Abraham
- The Iron Kings, Maurice Druon
- It’s Complicated, danah boyd
- A Lily of the Field, John Lawton
- Shattered Pillars, Elizabeth Bear
- Parasite, Mira Grant
- Why Kings Confess, CS Harris
- A Man without Breath, Philip Kerr
Oh, and of course the wife. Make that six things.