Hey, I’m frequently asked which sites I recommend. I tend to be overly minimalist, but beyond that, I mostly use RSS feeds instead of visiting sites. Though, here are some sites that I make a point to visit pretty often…
(in no particular order)
- politicalwire.com – I rely on Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire for straight, fair political news, he gets right to the point. It’s an eagerly anticipated part of my news reading.
- io9.com – io9’s a daily publication that covers science, science fiction, and the world of tomorrow. I was very much into sci fi and fantasy in the 50s and 60s – back then sci fi and fantasy were mostly books and very little media – and often still am.
- buzzmachine.com – This is where Jeff Jarvis blogs about media and news, he’s the real deal.
- dilbert.com – Okay, my life has much in common with the Dilbert comic strip, and I’ve been Dilbert for much of my life. Having a sense of humor helps.
- gigaom.com – This site provides insight on disruptive companies, people, and trends. Gigagom provides a credible analysis of emerging technologies. [UPDATE: GigaOm has closed down. Another good site to check out is http://readwrite.com, another one of my favorites.]
What sites do you visit often that might surprise folks, but are really useful? I’d love to check ’em out.
You must be logged in to post a comment.